Thursday, April 28, 2011

Day 40: What can you do with yarn?


Hannah: My fifth grader's band/orchestra performance took priority to creativity tonight. Out of all the amazing possibilities of working with yarn, alas a yarn drawing. Boohoo! I will revisit working with yarn before this year is up. Yarn profile sniffing a bloom.


Rachel: Riiiight. So, I knew that all I'd have time for would be a yarn drawing. So I asked my 3-yr-old "What should we draw?" Answer: "A picture of mommy and daddy and mimmy at the beach, with the water." So, I thought, how hard can that possibly be? And doesn't every child deserve a nice tacky family portrait in their bedroom? Little did I know, that with the "help" of my 3-yr-old and my ever-so-bad portrait skills... we worked on this FOREVER. She is impressed. I am not. Not to mention that we had to borrow yarn from grandma who only had two boring colors :(

No comments:

Post a Comment