Saturday, March 26, 2011

Day 7: Make a stencil and use it in your work.


Hannah: This was really fun! I made a butterfly stencil. Then I painted the snow outside of my front door using colored hairspray. That seemed greener than using regular spray paint. This inspired me to start doing snow graffiti all over town. Not quite a Banksy creation, I'll get better.

Rachel: So stencils are harder to make than I thought! First I had to find a sharp enough knife to cut this with... and then carefully plan the "no-cut" areas so the middle would not fall out. The "painting" is absolutely atrocious, especially since my green stems are so tacky, and I totally overdid it on the paint in the stencil, so it got smeared. Overall, I'm glad I did this though. I'll use the stencils again I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment