Friday, April 15, 2011

Day 27: Dreamland. Use a recent dream as inspiration for what you do today.



Hannah: I didn't limit myself to a recent dream. My piece is inspired by a dream that used to repeat when I was young...falling in a dome shaped room with red velvet carpet wearing my nightie, then I realize that I can fly. Paint on stone and cardboard.


Rachel: I haven't paid any attention to a dream for months... but knowing I needed a dream somehow inspired a dream, boring as it was. An old friend and I were investigating this place which had a staircase in an arched hallway, leading up to a room. At one point, we took turns climbing up the walls at the entrance of the staircase, and just "sitting" at the top with our backs against one wall, pressing our feet into the other wall -- kind of like one of those things teenagers do... trying to see if they can climb walls. At another point, we painted one half of the arched ceiling in one color, and the other half in another color. At another point, we were up in the room, in two twin beds, looking at books, writing, and planning our future.

3 comments:

  1. very Jungian of course and I just can't get into that now. Would like to see more of your dream -scapes

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that we have similar shapes

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know! I thought of that as I was posting my arch. Similar to a dome. How cool. that was not planned.

    ReplyDelete