Monday, April 25, 2011

Day 37: Make something with a stapler. You can staple things together, or just work with the loose staples. Even the stapler itself

Rachel: A new style of sunglasses, with a staple frame. Process: I made a staple chain using needlenose pliers. Then the chain just sort of took on the form of some sunglasses, so I searched around for something to stick them onto. I found this great paper a child had decorated. Cut it out according to the form of the staple chain... a little clear nail polish, etc...

Hannah: May I recommend staple art! I great way to get rid of frustration, stress and agression. This is my staple self portrait.

7 comments:

  1. How the heck did you make this??!! It looks like stained glass (or plastic to be more exact).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took a piece of paper that one of Nora's friends had colored on, cut it out, and applied a staple chain to it using nail polish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the trick is to find a piece of paper small enough to staple in the middle.
    Hannah, your self portrait looks more like me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. the sunglasses are attractive; trying to visualize the process Rachel used... no trouble visualizing Hannah's process, but glad she didn't use a staple gun... will see if grandchildren can make staple art following Aunt Hannah's example

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rachel...that is because I miss you, AND it's hard to be precise with a stapler(;

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hannah, I love this and it does look like you:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know, your project morphed because I'm in your thoughts. Love u

    ReplyDelete