Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Day 73: Work with gravel, sand or rocks.

Rachel: I live very near a beach, so I feel a little guilty for not having taken advantage of that! But anyway, I've had this handful of rocks hanging around here since 2005, when I picked them up (still warm) on a crater in Lanzarote during our honeymoon. What better to make with them than a heart? Someday I will frame this in some creative way, and I'll probably cover it with glass so it doesn't collect dust. Right now, they're just super-glued onto a boring plastic board.

Hannah: I found so much inspiration in my backyard! Here is my trio of birds.

1 comment:

  1. Rachel I love the heart and the memories the rocks hold. I have rocks from my Daddy's grave down by the Tennessee river. You've inspired me! and Hannah the birds are wonderful...they remind me of the shapes and figures one sees when looking at the clouds, etc...

    ReplyDelete