Sunday, May 1, 2011

Day 43: Learn something new. Ask a friend to help you do something using a technique or skill they're good at


Hannah: So...I looked up instructions online for embroidery stitches. I made a little bird with 4 different stitches on felt. I didn't have time today to get someone to help me learn something new. I am going to make a string of birds for my new neice Sophie!

Rachel: I've always wanted to learn how to do decoupage, and I've been thinking about decorating this table for ages. So I finally got my sister-in-law to show me how. It's a little harder than I thought. Anyway I'm happy with the result. I still have to find some flatting to apply the final layer... Then one day (maybe next year) I'll paint the legs!

1 comment:

  1. I like the bird very much and I know Sophie would enjoy a mobile of birds; your french knots are great! I like the decoupage also; it was very popular when I was a teenager...brings back a lot of memories.

    ReplyDelete