Saturday, May 7, 2011

Day 49: Quantity over quality. Work with a lot of something.


Hannah: I made a mandala out of dried beans and peas. It was very meditational. After reading about the practice of mandalas, I feel inspired to create a large scale one outdoors.

Rachel: I didn't actually do quantity over quality. I do have a lot of shells, and I do have a lot of little glass things, but the time it would take to attach all of them to this stick with wire... is too long. So, I did some, and I may finish this someday, as it would look nice hanging at the top of the bathroom mirror. I might have done better opting for something temporary this time, instead of trying to create a lasting piece of artwork.

4 comments:

  1. ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS Hannah! I love looking at mandalas, although I know nothing about them. Something to study! How long did this take you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Around and hour...it is so relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love yours too, and I like temporary art a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am inspired to create a mandala... perhaps with beads...perhaps on a mirror...

    ReplyDelete