Sunday, May 22, 2011

Day 64: It's all about you. Incorporate yourself into whatever you make.


Hannah: Here is a Hannah flower using a 3 year old photo of myself! Sort of surreal.


Rachel: I believe this qualifies as incorporating myself into my piece... basically, I've had this unfinished bellycast around since I was in week 33 of my pregnancy back in 2007. I decided to take this opportunity to FINALLY finish it! I've been contemplating what to paint on here for over 3 years now, and never came up with anything... so my process for this painting was to begin with a pink background, then make the red flowers, then the stems, which were a great place to write the date... then I thought of the big white flower and the name. Lastly, the dots and the blue "sky". Now it's having an overnight dry and then will get a final coat of clear varnish.

No comments:

Post a Comment