Monday, May 2, 2011

Day 44: Make something that lights up

Rachel: I read the other day in a feng shui magazine that a Chinese double happiness symbol placed by the bed could bring harmony to the couple! Well, we already have a red lamp, so it lends itself as a background for such a symbol. A great way to use up some very old gold nail polish-- I don't really have any other type of paint that sticks to plastic. Needless to say, the initial impact was not harmonious because I did this right before bedtime, and the smell wasn't too pleasant. It doesn't look that great when lit... I cannot be blamed for my bad Chinese handwriting.


Hannah: Brown paper bag art! I created a candle holder using brown paper on a glass jar. It pays homage to the hula girl. The paper is oiled to show more depth. Fun!

3 comments:

  1. very nice. i have a lamp my Dad made and this has given me new ideas for the shade which desperately needs to be replaced

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love yours Hannah! I'd like to know more details about how you made it. Is the glass jar all the way to the top of the paper? I love hula girl and the color is very tropical. I might want to copy this and put it in my house.

    ReplyDelete