Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Day 87: What can you do with a candle?

Hannah: I didn't create as much as take photographs. This is a white candle and when you burn it there are hidden pockets of colored wax. The finished product reminds me of a volcano. I wanted to try batik, I think I will revisit this project.


Rachel: Well. I took a tealight candle and lit it. When it started to melt, I dripped it onto this shirt in the shape of a heart (I put cardboard in between the layers of the shirt). Then I put it in the freezer. When it was hardened, I used fabric pens to color over and around the wax shape. Then I scraped most of the wax off and ironed it on the wrong side to fix the pen color and to melt out the rest of the wax. Now I'll wash it and see how it turns out. Weird idea. Weird outcome.

1 comment:

  1. i was so surprised! i thought it was two different candles until i read what you wrote. How did you hide the color in the white candle? it is very magical!

    ReplyDelete