Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Day 101: Flip to a random page in a book and make something inspired by the first sentence you read.

Hannah: I chose the book Mark Twain in Hawaii-By Mark Twain. I opened to what must be one of the longest setences ever written...a whopping page and a half. I was inspired by this part of the setencce "...I breathed the balmy fragrance of jessamine, oleander and the Pride of India.." There is something so amazing about the balmy fragrance of Hawaii. I took the 3 flowers Twain mentioned and worked on making a drawing/painting that I would turn into a textile. I was surprised to learn that Pride of India is the beautiful Plumeria.


Rachel: Well, this is not exactly my idea of art, but I've retouched a photo of Mussolini, as the sentence comes from a book called "The Italians" written by Luigi Barzini and published in 1964. The sentence (talking about Benito Mussolini when he was young) says: "He never washed, shaved seldom, wore his thinning hair long on his neck, and lived whereever he could."

No comments:

Post a Comment