Monday, June 6, 2011

Day 79: Walk through an alley or along a small road and pick up discarded materials to work with.


Hannah: I found this old beer can, it made a perfect rustic vase for the beautiful flowers growing here as well.


Rachel: Italy is full tiny streets and alleys, but in this town the only thing I'm finding is pigeon crap and old napkins, which I am not interested in working with. So, I went to the tiny street where my husband's grandmother lived from the time she got married until the time she died. I found some overgrown grass and clipped it into a smashed spring I found there, and made a sort-of cross-shaped thing and left it there on the ground.

2 comments:

  1. i like this and i often think we could all find ways to transform garbage into something useful and/or beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad to see you finally have some real flowers blooming there!

    ReplyDelete