Monday, June 13, 2011

Day 86: Decorate a cake, pie or cookie.


Hannah: I made a flourless chocolate cake and inspired by Rachel's mascarpone idea, made a stencil and decorated it with a powdered sugar octopus! It tasted great too!


Rachel: Cake decorating is an art that I would love to learn. I have done nicer cakes than this in my life, but this time I had a tired 3-yr-old who couldn't wait to eat the cake, and apparently using whipped cream in the middle of the summer is just a bad idea. So, the cake is far less than creative and beautiful. But it tasted good. I made a simple recipe called a caramel cake from Joy of Cooking, but I didn't use any caramel to decorate with (for lack of time).

1 comment:

  1. what an interesting juxtaposition of images! I would have never dreamed of chocolate and octopuses as partners. it would make an interesting name for a restaurant -- The Chocolate Octopus!

    ReplyDelete