Thursday, June 9, 2011

Day 82: Create a new kind of utensil. Functional or not, document it in use.


Rachel: Two utensils. One is something I invented for vacuuming into deep cracks, like this one by the fridge. It's made out of smashed plastic wrap rolls, and packing tape.
The other utensil is something I needed for my 3-yr-old who says "mom, I'm hungry" and then proceeds to not eat when the food's ready, because she's too busy playing. Mom always ends up with a fork in her hand, holding it, holding it, waiting for child to finish chewing... so I've invented the fork holder. If she's taking too long to chew, I'll just set the fork in there. It's made out of plastic wrap rolls and covered with pictures from an old calendar.



Hannah: The function of this utensil is to apply lotion on the back. I didn't document it in action because it was really not functional at all...too floppy!

3 comments:

  1. it is certainly orange and shiny...stick it in a potted plant

    ReplyDelete
  2. i cannot get this image out of my head...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel where were you when my children were small and procrastinating over their food! The fork holder is great and it appears to be working. The vacuum attachment reminds me of the old saying: Necessity is the mother of all invention, or something like that.

    ReplyDelete