Monday, March 21, 2011

Day 2: What's your favorite animal? Use it as your inspiration today



Rachel: I'm really miserable with bronchitis, AND I don't have a favourite animal (I don't hate them, I just don't have a favourite). So, I spent the day thinking about the animals of the world and try to choose one based on what purpose it serves in our environment - looking for a USEFUL animal. In any case, rainy cloudy weather inspired a painting of a spring daffodil and its ladybug friend. Yes, ladybugs are technically classified as animals. I looked it up on Wikipedia. I made this using watercolour pencils.

Hannah: My favorite animal is the magestic TIGER! It is also my Chinese Zodiac animal. I decided to do a drawing on my son Patchen's back. According to the chinesezodiac.com, those born under the Chinese Zodiac sign of the tiger are authoritative, self-possessed, have strong leadership qualities, are charming, ambitious, courageous, warm-hearted, highly seductive, moody, intense, and they're ready to pounce at any time...Sounds good to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment