Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Day 4: Take a 5 minute walk, then make something using whatever materials are available where you've ended up. Leave it there for someone else to discover

Rachel: After FINALLY finishing a big work project and turning it in, I was feeling glum from exhaustion, and I had to urgently "run errands" to the supermarket and such. So, I set out on a windy but sunny day, with my 3-yr-old, to try and combine our 5-minute-walk-art-project with the supermarket errand. I had slim hopes about finding any material on the city street, but it's amazing what you can find when you observe your surroundings!!! The curved shape of these "thingys that had fallen off the tree months before and were left on the steps of a closed-down shop" just lent themselves perfectly to the face of a little girl with pigtails. It turned out to be 5 minutes of fun. (Will post a better photo when I figure out how to get it off my cell phone)

Hannah: So...I didn't take a 5 minute walk. But I did walk from car to grocery market. My kiddos and I quickly make a snowball heart at the entrance. I had planned on building a great snow, rock and twig sculpture. Feeling a little discouraged and wondering if this daily art project is feasible. Hoping I didn't commit to something too, oh too everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment