Sunday, July 31, 2011

Day 134: Reinterpret your favorite childhood story.


Hannah: Wondering if people would enjoy reading The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein if the roles were reversed. When I read this book to my kiddos I always thought it seemed effed up!


Rachel: I actually can't remember many stories from my own childhood, so picking a favorite turned into a long process of searching for children's books on amazon. Anyway, when I came across The Secret Garden, I went on wikipedia to read the plot again as I can't remember it off the top of my head, and this drawing is what came to my mind...

2 comments:

  1. That book is one of my favorites it always makes me feel sad. I love this drawing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I need to re read the book; it has been a long time. will get back to you on this. gmama

    ReplyDelete